We're home. We went to Amarillo for the weekend to keep my mom and dad company while my mom was in the hospital. She's home now too, and doing much better.
Things we learned as a family this weekend...
1. The Easter Bunny can find little boys who are sleeping in hotel rooms.
2. A kindergarten classmate who filled Tommy's ears with whoppers about the horrible things that happen to kids who visit hospitals is not my favorite kid right now. Tommy was afraid the doctors were going to take his eyeball out and replace it with a robotic one. He wasn't at all worried about Grammy until she started explaining stuff to him.
3. Charlie learned that although the words "rash" and "radish" sound alike, they actually mean very different things. We had to have a long discussion about this at 2 am one night. He was wondering why I wouldn't let him go in the hot tub. Hot tubs can give little boys rashes, which is not the same as yummy radishes.
4. Tommy and Charlie both learned how to sleep together in a hotel bed. The key is to give them each their own set of covers. This cuts down on the mommy-waking thrashing that occurs when the big boy pulls all the covers off the little boy.
5. We learned that there really isn't any place to get a nice sit-down breakfast in the western half of Amarillo. There's an I Hop on the other side of town, though.
6. My dad decided that he didn't really need any birthday cake when there is STEAK available.
7. Easter can be enjoyable, even when your mom is sick and you're away from home.