They had a Mother's Day celebration at Tommy's school today. David came home to stay with Charlie so that Tommy could have me all to himself.
I didn't make Charlie nap because he's only seen David for about 10 minutes since Sunday. I told Charlie, "I'm going out. Bye-bye Mommy. You can play with Daddy." He grinned, ran to David, peeked back at me, said "Bye!" and that was it.
Anyway, back to the Mother's Day event. We had cookies and they had a ton of crafts and presents that were made for us. It was a nice hour and Tommy seemed very proud and happy to have me there.
Before the event, he'd answered a questionnaire about his mother. Here are his answers...
1. My mother's favorite color is "all the colors." (Sorry Bud. My favorite color is blue. YOUR favorite color is all the colors.)
2. My mother likes to "play with me." (True!)
3. My mother is "13" years old. (I'm so glad I'm not.)
4. My mother's favorite food is "couscous." (Yes, I do like that, but I suspect you just answered this question on a day after we'd had couscous for dinner. My current favorite food is actually nachos. You wouldn't know that because we always eat nachos after you go to sleep at night.)
5. I love my mother when she "plays with me and even when she gets mad." (Awww. I think. Wait, are you trying to say I get mad a lot? Or are you trying to express unconditional love? I'll take the latter.)
6. At home my mother "does stuff that I don't know." (Yes. I'm very secretive. I leave you and Charlie alone for hours at a time while I do my own thing. Pffft.)
7. I love my mother to read to me when "I'm on my bed." (That's my boy! Literalism runs in the family.)
8. My mother is special because "she's my mom." (I agree that being your mom is one thing that makes me special.)